Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Quick, everyone, into the bomb shelters!

Hat tip to the nice people over at Right2Express who sent me this article about the way democracy goes in Iran:

IRAN: VOTE FOR RAFSANJANI AND WE WILL HAVE NUCLEAR BOMBS, SAYS RELIGIOUS LEADER


Tehran, 27 May (AKI) - Hojatolislam Gholam Reza Hasani, a representative of Iran's supreme spiritual leader, Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, in Iranian Azerbaijan, has no doubts as to who to vote for in the next presidential elections on 17 June. "You need to vote for Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani," said Hasani. "This way we will finally be able to have for ourselves the atomic bomb to fairly stand up to Israeli weapons," said Hasani.

"Freedom, democracy and stupidities of this type cannot be carried over to any part, and these concepts are out of sync with the principles of Islam," said Hasani, the imam who led Friday prayers in the main city of western Iranian Azerbaijian.

"Islam always spoke with the sword in the hand and I don't see why
now we have changed attitudes and talk with the other civilisations."



Can I ask why in the grand scheme of global politics most Canadian prefer to talk to the country whose clergy speak of "Freedom, democracy and stupidities of this type"?

Freedom = GOOD.
Democracy = GOOD.
Iran having nuclear weapons they can lob over our heads into America or at Israel = BAD.

People like this make me sick if only because they make Persians and Muslims look bad. At York, there are many Muslims who do not wish to nuke the Western world. I have met Persians who don't hate me because I am a Zionist. But I wonder why they let this nutcase be the one to represent them to the world.

I hope that most Iranians vote following my nutjob rule, which I made up when Dan Freeman-Maloy endorsed Unity: Find out who the total nutjob wants you to vote for; then vote the opposite.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Tiger said...

Oh, aren't global politics fun, these days?

8:28 AM  
Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home