Thursday, November 25, 2004

Whining Unity drives me to PNP

Stupid Unity chick Rabia Siddiqui opposes the dental plan. What the hell?

Unity candidate Rabia Siddiqui has been outspoken in her opposition of the plan, calling it “second-rate”. She claims that students at other universities typically get coverage for 75-85 per cent of their dental work, while York students only get 50 per cent.


I can tell she is not a math major, because 50% is greater than 0%, which is what I was getting two weeks ago at my dentist.

Anyhow, it takes little guessing to say that in general, I voted Progress Not Politics, if only because they have minimized the whining way more than the other slates who think that yelling about tuition and student debt is a platform.

Why?

Over the last year we have implemented a new, free dental plan, doubled funding for clubs, launched a new web site at www.yfs.ca with access to past exam downloads and more, extended the MetroPass discount, refunded part of your levy, reduced health premiums while increasing benefits, cooperated with York to get results on security, cut executive salaries so that more of your money is spent on student issues, and much more.


I think that's fine. I don't give a shit about much at York - I'm not a politician, I don't spend lots of time on campus, I'm not looking for much more than the basics. Cash back. A metropass. Cheaper dental. These are good things.

My only reservations?

Our team is a combination of experienced veterans and fresh faces. Daniel Cooper has been YFS councillor and presidential commissioner, chairing the Refund Initiative and working on the dental plan. Joseph Lavoie, likewise, has been involved with the YFS as Glendon College councillor. And Sophia Hyginus will bring a new voice to the table, adding to the depth of diversity of our team.


Whatever. I don't know who these people are. The only one I have really heard of (aside from Excal's report card the other week) is Paul Cooper. I'd vote for Paul Cooper again. He's quite the stud.

Plus, uber-whiner Dan Freeman-Maloy endorsed Unity. If I am ever unsure in life of what to do politically, I always think...what would Dan Freeman-Maloy do?

And then I do the opposite.

5 Comments:

Blogger bigbear777 said...

white light
!!! The best teeth whitening system ever! Go to white light

2:27 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
I hope you can look through my Term Life blog.

5:47 PM  
Blogger BlogMaster said...

I dont usually surf the net to find articles or reports, I've got my newspapers,
but browsning through blogs is way better for me to get that newspaper feel, thanks for the good read.

Washington Dental Plan

5:38 AM  
Blogger BlogMaster said...

I dont usually surf the net to find articles or reports, I've got my newspapers,
but browsning through blogs is way better for me to get that newspaper feel, thanks for the good read.

Albany Tooth Whitening

1:17 AM  
Blogger BlogMaster said...

Just searching around for good blogs,
and found yours, started to read and couldn't stop =P thanks for the posts keep it going thx.

Oregon Tooth Whitening

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home