Thursday, October 21, 2004

Linkfest day four: Desperate times....

The Truth Laid Bear has started a Heroes for Bush campaign after Joss Whedon, creator of the now-defunct "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" TV show, decided to endorse Kerry.

On this site, Whedon throws his star power behind Kerry, forgetting that everything the show stands for is everything the President stands for.

The site is laden with kitchy quotes like this:

"'This isn't about wishes. It's about choices. I believe we can beat this evil. Not when it comes. Not when its army is ready. Now.'
Buffy, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer"


News flash: That's exactly what Bush would say about the real bad guys.

I'm no pansy, and I'm not enamoured with Bush enough to want to be his dinner companion.

But I've lived under the immediate threat of terror, held my breath on crowded bus rides and heard bombs go off. I know that there are people in this world who will kill Whedon as quickly as me for advocating the very things they despise - freedom, liberty, independence.

So I'm jumping aboard this blogburst, in the middle of my 6-month anniversary celebrations. Because if I'm celebrating anything, it is the freedom to be born in a country where I can write what I want, say what I want, and live freely (in the flesh and on the blogosphere).

I just don't believe Kerry gets that.

Freedom is on the line here. That's why I shaded in the "Bush" bubble on my absentee ballot today. And that's why I'm accepting TTLB's challenge.

To participate, simply crank up your creative juices, and imagine what your favorite hero would say about why he, she, or it, is planning on voting for President Bush.


My response to this will be tomorrow's post (I don't work that quickly), but in the meanwhile, I'm majorly link-city linking people who are on board this too.

What Is Flig?, a fellow Zionist, (I always like those....) references The Tick. sisu is reminded of Winston Churchill.
Captain Kirk is over at Lapsus calami giving his opinion on the situation.

Secure liberty seems certain that this is just like it happened in The Avengers. Right Thoughts references something in pop culture that I do not understand.

Let's not forget Coffee with CrankyBeach.

Also: One Stack Mind needs more time, like me.

My post will hopefully be online within 24 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home