Sunday, October 24, 2004

Linkfest day five: So I'm late. Take me down a letter grade

I don't think I've ever handed a paper in on time. Some people can. I just can't. Apparently, I can't blogburst on time either.

So here are my entries of Buffy characters who would have voted Bush (I think everyone except Willow) and below, I have linked other bloggers who felt similarly.

From The Puppet Show (Ok, tweaked slightly):

Giles: ...Our new fuhrer, John Kerry.
Willow: I think they call them presidents now.


The incredibly dramatic Showtime, in which we learn that the right thing isn't easy.

Buffy: I don't know what's coming next. But I do know it's gonna be just like this -- hard, painful. But in the end, it's gonna be us. If we all do our parts, believe it, we'll be the ones left standing. Here endeth the lesson.


And of course, Whistler.

Whistler: Bottom line is, even if you see 'em coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So what are we, helpless? Puppets? No. The big moments are gonna come. You can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that counts. That's when you find out who you are. You'll see what I mean.


Buffy again, this time with Xander:
X: You don't know how to kill this thing.
B: I thought I might try violence.
X: Solid call.


I have some other favorites, but other people on the blogburst, beat me with the timeliness thing.

Over on TTLB, 50 people have posted their heroes for Bush.

Some Buffy-rific highlights:
Abraca-Pocus points out that Spike is pro-Bush.
Come on! Grrr! Nasty! Let's annihilate those terrorists, for justice, and for... the safety of puppies... and Christmas, right? If we don't take control, they will. It's called security, people. Let's fight that evil! Oh, come on, George W. Bush is the one with the 'stones' to do it, you know I'm right!


Also, Flea has "Buffy for Bush", including that great first-season dress that everyone loved so much.

And, the best Angel quote ever at One Stack Mind:
"'If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do.'"


Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home