Monday, July 26, 2004

Musical linkfest day five....

I love musical parodies.

The JibJab This Land parody I linked was picked up on CNN and the Today Show. Back on Canada Day, I wrote my own musical parody "Give up the grudge" to the tune of a GOB song, in honour of anti-war protesters.

So here's a linkfest devoted to musical parody:

1. Recently, Mark Steyn of SteynOnline posted a list of John Kerry campaign songs sent in be readers.

2. The Blogging Alliance of Free Blogs had a contest inspired by Physics Geek who posted the lyrics to a Weird Al song (weird Al is the parody master...). The Alliance's Harvey noted that the lyrics:

I may not be the sharpest hunk of cheese
I got a negative number on my SATs
I'm not good looking and I don't know how to dance
But nevertheless and in spite of the evidence I am still widely considered to be
A genius in France, a genius in France, a genius in France


sound a whole lot like Michael Moore winning all those awards at Cannes for (what's that movie called? farfignugen 7-11?)...

This inspired lots more Alliance parodies, some of which I will unveil below.

3. Many people made fun of Moore's girth, including Garrett from The O'Hara Factor.

4. Susie of Practical Penumbra was one of the many people who noted that the Weird Al parody "I'm Fat" (originally making fun of Michael Jackson's "I'm Bad") really fits Moore to a T.

5. In a post entitled Linda Ronstadt Hates Michael Moore?, Frank of IMAO notes that the lyrics of "Desperado", the song she got kicked out for singing, really don't compliment Moore so much.

6. Not that Moore is the only one mocked. Sandy Berger gets hit pretty bad, too.

And on and on....

Am I Right - Song Parodies site has dozens of parodies, some better than others, and if you want to read more anti-Moore parodies, there are more here, here, here, here, here, here, and especially here.

It's all about the Alliance!

2 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Wondrous blog. Your site was very pleasing and I
will go back again! I like surfing the net for blogs
as good as yours.
Check out the blog site with my Auto Insurance Quotes in it!

9:45 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Captivate blog. I surf the web for blogs this
nature.The site are wonderful and will be returned to
again!
I know that you love my work so, look up my blog.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home