Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Three cheers for fearmongering

Retired York prof Virginia J. Rock has signed a news release-cum petition stating that Stephen Harper is the big, bad wolf and will stick it to women if elected.

Fortunately, Rock is retired, otherwise, I might feel compelled to look on the York courses website and of course RateMyProfessors.com and think seriously if this is a person from whom I wish to study.

But that's beside the point.

Here's my question: Is it inappropriate for Virginia Rock to use her title as a York prof to gain credibility? The site does have the disclaimer that "Organizations are included for identification purposes only. The following women have signed this statement in their individual capacity."

Any thoughts, random York students out there?

Email thetruthaboutyork-AT-yahoo[dot]ca.

We need to be thinking about the messages our profs are sending to us.

And that's the truth about York.

1 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
In my spare time I will look for your life insurance rates blog.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home