Sunday, May 30, 2004

Sorry, Ian, but you don't speak for me.

Though I too think education needs to be made a priority, I stop short of endorsing the federal NDP because I see some major flaws in their platform. I can't sanction a "spend first, think later" policy.

I accept that about 20% of Canadians do choose the NDP, like its policies and elect its representatives in their ridings. But I don't sanction anyone to endorse them on my behalf.

I pay the Canadian Federation of Students $7.20 per year, I have heard rumours that that may be ending soon, but I am not sure if this is true. But I hope it is. The CFS, on their website, have all but endorsed a political party.

If they are democratic, should they not ask their membership (i.e., me and everyone like me) who to support before going and supporting someone?

Of course, they are not democratic. They are nothing more than a left wing "ideocracy" that only speaks for me if my opinions happen, by happy coincidence, to jive with theirs.

Let me set the record straight. Ian Boyko may have my $7.20, but he does not speak for me.

And that's the truth about York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home