Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Good riddance, and thanks for disrupting my class

A university is a place for what? No, not protests, EDUCATION!

I know that protests happen on campus, and I get that people need to express themselves. But one student has taken things much too far.

Check out this article from TheStar.com - "York U. expels student for 3 years"

I have taken many classes in Vari Hall. I cannot tell you how aggravating it is to be sitting on the third floor of Vari and trying to write an exam while people are yelling below. But ok. People will yell. Add a megaphone, and "activist" Maloy has suddenly dropped the class average of everyone in that exam by about 5% - 10%.

That is not "excessive". People like Maloy are a blight. I am here to get educated. You use a megaphone twice in Vari - and he doesn't SEEM to deny that he did it - and you owe ME and everyone else in that classroom trying to write an exam, an apology.

We're better off without him on campus. And that's the truth about York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home