Friday, April 16, 2004

The Truth About York

What the heck is going on at York?

I picked York because I wanted somewhere where the students care about stuff. About politics, about culture, about whatever.

York University is a good school, don't get me wrong. I am sure that I will get a good job when I graduate. I am not sure that I will be able to finish my time there, though, without being marginalized for my religion, my nationality, and my political affiliation.

Read the Toronto Star lately?

They write stuff about campus, and they don't know what's going on here. And no one tells the students anything. The doors are closed. We have 16 campus newspapers on campus and does anyone know anything?

This blog is my way of getting out there and saying that out of the 48,000 of us York zombies, someone actually gives a hoot about what is going on. There are "good guys" and "bad guys" and "in-between" people and I think the truth needs to be told once and for all.

And that's the truth about York.